Elevate your team
Team Building ProgramsCall 02 9728 2825 to book
Why choose team building at Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym?
Whether you’re looking for a fun afternoon for your team to unwind and get to know each other or specific challenges that take your team beyond their comfort zone, we can develop a program to achieve your specific outcomes. Indoor climbing is a natural team building activity. It provides a collective experience where teams work on unfamiliar challenges in an environment with a perception of risk (even if that isn’t the case). The increased level of interdependence required quickly builds rapport & trust within the team. Climbing can improve self esteem and confidence as climbers achieve a very visual goal (usually the top of a climbing wall!).
Although climbing is a physical activity, challenges are designed to encourage participation for all levels of fitness & ability. There are routes for all abilities (identified by different coloured climbing holds for the climber to use) so even first time climbers will feel a sense of accomplishment. And anyway, it’s not all about climbing. There will always be a role for someone who doesn’t want to climb but still wants to be involved.
Climbing challenges can assist in improving
• an individual’s intrapersonal relationships (improved confidence, willingness to take risks & leadership skills )
• a group’s interpersonal relationships (greater trust - after all your partner is holding the belay line while you climb, enhanced co-operation, communication & sharing in decision making)
So, from competitive through to co-operative, fun through to serious, let Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym design a program for your next team building event.
• Facilitator to develop a program & work with your group on the day
• A selection of team building challenges to suit your group’s requirements
• Harness & climbing shoes (shoes on a first come basis, a variety of sizes are available)
• Coloured bandanas to identify your teams.
• Full safety briefing
• Free climbing following team activities
Price 2 hour team building session - $50 per person
What do I need to do?
Make a booking with the staff.
Best session times are weekdays prior to 3pm.
A facilitator will call you to discuss your team’s requirements & develop a program to achieve your outcomes.