2017 School Program
Climbing is a great school sport!Call 9728 2825 to book
What we aim to achieve:
- To develop self esteem, trust, communication & problem solving skills through activities that have positive outcomes in a safe and non-threatening environment. The focus is on participation and fun (challenge by choice).
- To maintain and develop health and fitness through a series of climbing based activities and challenges.
- Encourage talented athletes to pursue climbing as a sport.
Method – How we achieve these outcomes:
- All students receive a safety induction that provides them with the opportunity
to hold the ropes (belay) for their classmates once competent. Belaying is only
permitted for Years 5 and above.
- A basic warm up is demonstrated during week one and is then recommended
for subsequent weeks.
- New and progressive skills are taught weekly in a group situation. The
students are encouraged to employ these techniques during their supervised
climbing (Facilitated Program only).
- Towards the end of term students have their current climbing competence
assessed. They are graded on a scale that ranges from beginner to expert.
The scale notes their achievements and highlights the areas they need to
focus on in order to progress as a climber (Facilitated Program only).
Programs & Cost
School Term Bookings (Minimum of four bookings within a school term)
- Facilitated Program: Includes an instruction component each week and assessment at the end of term. Students are charged $10.00 per session, including harness hire.
- Supervised Program: Includes safety induction during the first week and supervision only on subsequent weeks. Students are charged $8.50 per session, including harness hire.
Single Bookings (Fewer than four bookings within a school term)
- One-Off Booking: Includes safety induction. Students are charged $13 per session, including harness hire.
- Elevate Program: A fully facilitated 2 hour program tailored to achieve specific outcomes. Students are charged $50.00 per session, including equipment hire.
Payment is by session. Students can pay individually or the school can be invoiced.